Connecting to an Oracle MYSQL Server from Spotfire Datasource & Information Link objects is easy to do. It requires no installation and and only a few additional settings on the Spotfire Server.
Here is the steps:
- Download the latest MYSQL Connector library for java:
- Place the library into Spotfire Server tomcat lib folder, in my case it is:
3. Open the “Configure TIBCO Spotfire Server” app:
- Open Configuration Tab – Data Source Templates
- Enable MYSQL5
- Save Configuration
4. Restart the Spotfire Server. Go to Control Panel – Administrative Tools – Services (or simply type services.msc at the Windows Run window), search for TIBCO Spotfire Server and click Restart.
It’s done. Open the Spotfire Client, connect to the server, open Information Designer, Setup Data Source. MYSQL5 Data Source Type will be available on the dropdown list.
MYSQL (DataDirect) Data Source Type only supports MYSQL Commercial version, doesn’t work with the Community version.