Assuming that you already have a Spotfire Server running at:
To be able to access the library via web browser you need to install Spotfire Web Player.
Because Spotfire Web Player is build using ASP.NET and runs on IIS so we must first install IIS and ASP.NET Framework.
Installing IIS & ASP.NET Framework:
- Open Control Panel – Programs and Features or appwiz.cpl.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off
- Tick the following features:
- Internet Information Services – Web Management Tools, IIS Management Console, IIS Management Service (optional – not sure)
- World Wide Web Services – Application Development Features
- ASP.NET (it will automatically tick all other dependencies)
- Go to cmd.exe, right click and choose “Run as Administrator”
- Type %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe –i
- Restart IIS Server (go to Control Panel – Administrative Tools – Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, there is a Restart link on top right corner of the local IIS server)
Installing Spotfire Web Player:
- Run the installer and follow the wizard
- When you prompted to specify the name of the Virtual Directory it means the domain name or part of URL to the server used when pointing out Spotfire Web Player files. It is recommended to leave this as “SpotfireWeb”.
- Specify the port (must be different from the server port (8181), and IIS default port (80)), for example use “9090”
- Specifiy the Spotfire Server URL, in this case it will be:
- Continue until finish.
Accessing Spotfire Web Player:
- Open web browser, type the Web Player URL, in this case:
- Login using your Spotfire Server login or you can add more user from your Spotfire Server.
Notes: Make sure the Spotfire Web Player have the same (or higher) version than the Spotfire Server or it won’t be able to display the visualisation.